Weather, smeather it’s people working together that make Fargo a wonderful place to live as well as a great NDSU Bison football team. Go Fargo and GO BISON!!!
Huffington Post ranks Fargo as the 6th healthiest and happiest city over peer cities like Madison WI, San Francisco CA, Honolulu HI.
A primary reason for our high ranking cited is reflected in this excellent quote by Hope Lutheran Pastor Stephanie Tollefson: ”People say a generous heart is a happy heart, and I see that here. The more you connect with other people, the more joy you get back,” she says. “And the more joy you have, the more you want to give back.” In Fargo, she says, “people genuinely seem to want to belong to something that’s bigger than just themselves.”
- Honolulu has beaches, mountains, nice year round temperatures, but Fargo residents sense of community rises above the physical in this Huffington Post ranking.
- Kansas State has a spanking new $75 million addition to their football stadium, the Bison fly in and stampede the Wildcats on opening night. This week the Bison are ranked 15th in CBS power poll ahead of Nebraska, UCLA, Michigan, Texas
|Dodd’s Power Poll|
1. Ohio State (1): Urb set the tone for the season by going for two after the first two scores against Buffalo.
3. Oregon (4): In Mark Helfrich’s head-coaching debut, the Ducks cut and pasted Chip Kelly’s blueprint.
4. Stanford (3): Call it a bye in Week 1 as Cardinal open this week against San Jose State.
6. Louisville (10): Like a Bridgewater over troubled Bobcats, as Louisville has an easy go of it in the opener.
10. LSU (9): Cam Cameron Effect: 448 yards, 26 first downs against quality TCU defense.
12. Georgia (5): Mark Richt thinking of banning touchdown celebrations after Malcolm Mitchell went down.
13. Oklahoma (15): First shutout since 2010 after giving up 189 points in last five games of 2012.
14. Notre Dame (11): (No) Turnover Tommy (Rees) threw for 346 yards in a romp over Temple.
15. North Dakota State (NR): Schedule suddenly gets tougher with home opener against Ferris State.
16. UCLA (17): Forty-one points in the second half against a quality Nevada team has the Bruins off to a good start.
17. Texas (19): Everything you’d want in a debut out of the program with the most returning starters — and most money — in the country.
18. Michigan (23): Will this turn out to be the last Notre Dame visit to the Big House in … forever?
20. Nebraska (20): Might as well retire the Blackshirts. Forever. Wyoming gained 602 in the opener. Only four other FBS teams gave up more yards in Week