Doors open at 9:30, free admission and lunch as we learn to bike safely and share the road.
Pedal over and check out Fargo/Moorheads first ever Bicycle Summit Saturday at Fargo South High School to learn why biking is one of America’s fastest growing activities.
September 12: Don’t miss the 1st annual Valley Bicycle Summit, a day full of opportunities for families and individuals to learn more about taking bicycling skills to the next level.
The event will be held Saturday, September 15, from 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. at Fargo South High School, 1801 15th Ave. S. Come for all or part of the day for sessions on how to safely get around town by bicycle, whether with your kids or if you want to commute to work.
Don’t bike? Hear from local riders on how automobile drivers and bicyclists should interact with each other on the road. The event is completely free, and will include lunch for all participants.
Topics & Activities
The day begins at 9:30 a.m. with a presentation from Dorian Grilley, Executive Director of Bike MN, Minnesota’s statewide bicycle advocacy organization, and will end with group rides for families and advanced riders.
- bicycle repair classes
- confidence cycling classes
- an introduction to equipment for commuting
- community involvement opportunities for cyclists
- how to encourage your children to bike more
- mental and physical benefits of biking
- how to map your commute or errands by bike and bus so you don’t have to drive
- Throughout the day we will have a semi-truck available for participants to get in the driver’s seat and experience the blind spots that all bicyclists and drivers should be aware of.
- MATBUS will also have a bus available to practice loading and unloading your bike from the front rack.
- Vendors from local businesses will be on hand to help you and your family transition to confident bicyclists.
- We are excited to have experts on cycling from around to region on hand to answer any questions you have.
Planning on coming to this free event? Please let us know by registering !
A special thank you to Active in Moorhead for sponsoring our event.