Letâ€™s celebrate Bison, Dragon, Cobber, Vikings and Twins by wearing your favorite team jerseys while walking, biking, skateboarding, unicycling, running, coastering, wheelchairing! Â I’ll be on my Schwinn again enjoying the route with thousands of others having fun.
Short video from 1st Streets Alive in FM
Just head downtown in Fargo or Moorhead and you can jump on: Â Streets Alive!
Turn off your engines. Turn on your hearts.
Fargo Moorhead will close five miles of streets
to motorized traffic and open them up for you
to walk, bike, roll or run. Enjoy fun physical
activities, healthy food and entertainment
in the parks along way.
Sunday, August 29
Sunday, September 19
12:00 noon â€“ 5 p.m.
Streets Alive! – A Community Festival to Inspire Physical Activity
- For the first time ever, a 5-mile stretch of key Fargo-Moorhead streets, including Broadway and Center Avenue, will be closed to motorized vehicles!
- Walkers, bikers, runners, rollerbladers – any human-powered transportation â€“ will fill the streets.
- Experience dance and fitness activities, music, juggling and art entertainment in parks and other areas along the route.
- Healthy foods – family activities – health exhibits and more!
Can you walk? Ride a bike? Propel your wheelchair? Push a stroller? If yesâ€¦this event is for you!
Free and open to the public, regardless of fitness level!
Streets Alive! is a 5-mile loop connecting downtown Fargo-Moorhead, including Island, Woodlawn and Oak Grove parks.
You can start anywhere on the course.
- To bring the F-M community together for a fun, interactive physical activity festival
- To allow the walkers, bikers, runners, and families with strollers to safely enjoy F-M streets in a whole new way
- To let people experience the city from a whole new perspective and pace
- To encourage citizens to add non-motorized travel into their daily lives
- To demonstrate the vital role city streets play in the communityâ€™s physical activity
- To establish Fargo-Moorhead as a bicycle and pedestrian-friendly metro area